About Me

My photo
Portrait artist, fine artist, educator, student. Trying all means to keep from getting a day job in the tough times, but still supporting myself as an artist! deejaystar@yahoo.com Follow any and all of my blogs. THANK YOU!

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finish of Lucy and Milo

Sometimes I feel I get a bit wordy, so sometimes it is just time for a picture.
This is the whole thing done:


with some close ups:

You can see all the underlying colors both in paint and pastel and how they blend optically to make a rich flesh.



My intention was to make a stylistic and thematic interpretation of Mary Cassatt. I am so close. My strokes are nowhere near approaching the confidence I had hoped for, but subject and color use, I feel much closer.


Next demo is a generic ME... sorry, I am trying NOT to be too compulsive and post when I feel like it - not turn it into a chore.

So, I will try to do the next one all at one time.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!!
dj*



No comments:

Post a Comment